Secretary General at OSCE
Who are you?
My name is Elisavet Papathanasiou and I was born in Thessaloniki. I am currently in the 3rd year of my studies in the Faculty of Law of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Regarding my extracurricular academic activities, I’m serving as the Vice-President for Academic Activities of European Law Students’ Association – ELSA Thesaloniki and also studying to get my Diploma in Advanced Music Theory. I’m a vivid traveler, musician, reader, while also a chess champion in my younger years.
My journey into the simulation world started when I was a high school student and I participated in Harvard Model Congress Europe in Madrid. Since then, I’ve participated in many MUNs and models in Greece and abroad, as I believe they help everyone find their voice and learn more about who they are and who they want to be. During those years, I got to meet extraordinary people and created unforgettable memories. As years pass, I find myself in a place where I hope to give back to the first-comers what I once received as a first-comer years ago entering this world; self-knowledge, confidence and determination to speak up.
There is something about RhodesMRC that always makes me go back to it. Maybe the place, the weather or the people. I’m thrilled to be coming back this year as well!
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
RhodesMRC is unforgettable, as my first simulation experience as a uni student. Amazing place, amazing people, amazing weather, amazing simulation. A place I will always go back to.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
I’m sure Rhodes MRC 2018 is going to be a fantastic experience. I come with hopes to give back to all the firstcomers what I once received as a firstcomer years ago. I come with faith to help delegates standing up and finding their voices. With great mood, determination to work hard and to be co-operative and productive, I expect an everlasting, unforgettable chairing experience.
1. Delegate of Germany, OSCE Rhodes MRC 2017, Future Diplomat Award
2. Delegate of Japan, ICJ ThessISMUN 2017, Best Delegate Award
3. Delegate of Austria, AFET/European Parliament Europa.S 2017, Best Delegate Award
4. Vice-President at “Student-Diplomats” 2017 (Mathites se Rolo Diplomati), Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women
5. Supreme Court, Harvard Model Congress Europe 2014, Best Delegate Award
6. Delegate of Bolivia, OAS Rhodes MRC 2016, Verbal Mention
7. Delegate of Romania, DISEC LIMUN 2017
8. Supreme Court, Harvard Model Congress Europe 2013
1. Board Member, RhodesMRC 2018
2. Judge Rapporteur, ECJ Europa.S 2018
3. Delegate, ThessISMUN 2018