Chairperson at OSCE
Who are you?
My name is Chrysoula Gkana and I am currently at the end of my studies in the faculty of Law in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. My love for MUN conferences burst out in 2011, when I first participated in a simulation in The Netherlands. Ever since, I have been an MUN - addict, having participated in a plethora of simulations in English and in French, both as a delegate and as a chairperson.
This year will be my fourth participation in RhodesMRC. This conference is one of my favorite, as it combines the highest academic level, a very interesting agenda, the opportunity to exchange knowledge with other delegates from all over Greece and abroad and of course to visit Rhodes, one of the most beautiful and interesting destinations in Greece! I am looking forward to meeting you all in person, in order to make Rhodes great again!
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
Because of its people, because of the atmosphere, because it’s the first conference that appreciated my talent and offered me the opportunity to rise.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
In RhodesMRC I intend to gain more experiences as a chairperson, since I believe that through these conferences you gain more knowledge for various topics and you acquire specific knowledge for important domains, like international law. Moreover, I believe that my participation as a chair in RhodesMRC 2018 will make me discover some more aspects of myself and will definitely help me become a better person, both internally and externally. Meanwhile, I will try to do my best, in order to help the conference go further.
1. President of Human Rights Committee (Freedom of Expression) in ΜΡΔ 2017
2. Secretary General, OAS RhodesMRC 2017
3. Co- Chair, Culture Committee, SimUnesCO 2017
4. Delegate of the Netherlands, ThessISMUN NATO 2017 (Verbal Mention)
5. Vice President of Committee on the Rights of the Child (Right to Health) in ΜΡΔ 2016
6. Delegate of Canada, OAS RhodesMRC 2016, 1st Honorary Mention Award
7. Delegate of the UK, ECOSOC ThessISMUN 2016, Future Diplomat Award
8. Delegate of Slovenia, COE RhodesMRC 2015
9. Delegate of Austria, French Committee ThessISMUN 2015
10. Delegate of Ecuador, Human Rights Council, French MUN 2012 in The Netherlands (student version)
11. Delegate of Brazil, G20 Committee, French MUN 2011 in The Netherlands (student version)
1. President, ECOSOC, ARCMUN 2018
2. Advocate, ICJ, ThessISMUN 2018