Rapporteur at NATO's North Atlantic Council
Who are you?
My name is Polyxeni Botou and I study Law in the Aristotle’s University of Thessaloniki since 2015. This is my first time as a Board Member and I hope it will be an unforgettable experience for every participant. I am involved with the European Law Students Association as a Director for Academic Activities for the academic year 2017/18. I speak English, Italian and French and I love books and dance. I am looking forward to meeting you all in Rhodes!
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
RhodesMRC is a simulation, different than others, as it simulates Regional Organizations, giving the participants the opportunity to gain knowledge about them within a high academic level. Another important aspect is that the topics under discussion always concern actuality, making the experience even more interesting.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
Since this is going to be my first experience as a Board Member in a university edition simulation, I expect to learn how to manage the sessions of the Committee in an effective way and at the same time make the participants have a great experience, which they would like to repeat. Of course, I expect to gain knowledge through the process of the Study Guide’s drafting but also from my collaboration with my Chairperson.
1. Delegae of Mexico, ECOFIN, ThessISMUN 2016
2. Delegate of Trinidad and Tobago, OAS, RhodesMRC 2016, Honorary Mention Award
3. Judge of Italy, ECJ, Europa.S, Honorary Mention Award
4. Delegate of Qatar, Security Council, ThessISMUN 2017
5. Delegate of Syrian Opposition, MEPC, RhodesMRC 2017, Head Delegate
6. Αντιπρόεδρος στο Συμβούλιο για τα Δικαιώματα του Ανθρώπου, ΜΡΔ 2017
1. ThessISMUN 2018 (runner-up board member)