Who are you?
I am Georgia Giannakidou , I am 22 years old, I was born and raised in Komotini. The last 4 years I live in Athens and I study Political Science and Public Administration at National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, specializing in International and European studies while I am running my internship in the Consulate General of Greece in Istanbul. As far as it concerns my academic interests, they are focused on the upcoming rise of China in the international community.
From an early age I had a great concern in politics and also in international relations. As a result, 5 years ago, when I was a high school student I have started to participate in conferences, for the first time as a delegate. Since then, I have participated in several Model United Nations (MUNs) and other simulations of the European Union, Regional and International Organizations, in Greece and internationally. As a result they became a part of my life. By this point my passion for international relations is constantly growing and growing.
I assure you that RhodesMRC2018 will be an unforgettable experience. Till then keep in mind that the best ally is your diplomatic ability but it is not only about your diplomatic act but also it’s about the tact.
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
I feel very enthusiastic and emotional to serve this Simulation, because RhodesMRC2015 was my first participation in a simulation at a university level and it was the springboard to embark on a beautiful trip.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
My passion for my academic subject, my insistence on the detail, the envie to devote myself to direct the participants, will be improved via Rhodes MRC2018. Last but not least, the pleasure of returning back to my favourite conference.
- Delegate of Greece, Euroscola2014
- Delegate of Qatar,BISMUN2016, Verbal mention
- Delegate of Spain,RhodesMRC2017, Honorary mention
- Delegate of Italy,MILMUN2016,Honorary mention
- Head delegate and delegate of China,ThessiSMUN2017 , Verbal mention
- Chair in AthensEUmodel2017,Vice President, Council of Ministers of the European Union
- Chair, Students as Diplomats 2017
- Co-Chair ,ThessiSMUN2018, Human Rights Council
- Co-Chair, Security Council, ThessISMUN 2019