Who are you?
My name is Erato Fessatidou and I am an undergraduate Law student at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. As a high school student I had a great passion for english debate and oratory in general, which resulted in my participation in numerous national and international sessions of the European Youth Parliament. Now, I still have the opportunity to cultivate further my interest for international relations and diplomacy through my participation in multiple MUN simulations and similar conferences both as a delegate and a Board Member. I firmly believe that simulations such as RhodesMRC, are the ideal opportunity for students to explore the international community and its conflicts through fruitful debates, productive brainstorming and inspiring ideas. I feel honored and excited to be part of the RhodesMRC family and I seek to bring out the best to my Committee for a valuable and an unforgettable experience.
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
During RhodesMRC 2017 I had the chance to meet great people, interact with inspiring personalities and challenge myself at a great point. Only the thought that now, as a Board Member of RhodesMRC, I have the chance to provide the aforementioned and even more to passionate young people makes Rhodes MRC 2018 more than special. RhodesMRC for me means passion and challenge and I’m already up for it!
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
I expect to meet and learn from colleagues and delegates and to contribute into creating a fascinating experience like the one I envision for RhodesMRC 2018!
- Delegate of India, 3d GA, ThessISMUN 2017, Future Diplomat award
- Delegate of Germany, CoE, RhodesMRC 2017, Future Diplomat award
- Delegate of People’s Republic of China, SOCHUM, BisMUN 2018, 1st Honorary Mention
- Delegate of Saudi Arabia, CRPD, ThessISMUN 2018, 1st Honorary Mention
- Delegate at the Committee of Agriculture and Rural affairs, 26th National Session of European Youth Parliament Greece 2013 (ranked 14th)
- Delegate at the Committee of Gender Equality and Womens’ rights, 28th National Selection Conference of European Youth Parliament Greece 2014 (chosen amongst five others to represent Greece at the International Session of the European Youth Parliament
- Delegate at the Committee of Employment and Social affairs, 74th International Session of the European Youth Parliament 2014
- Board Member at a simulation of the European Parliament held by Mandoulides Schools years 2016,2017,2018
- Vice President at the Committee of Education, RhodesMRC 2018 High School edition
- President at the Committee of Quality of Life, Simulation of the local Council of Municipality Pavlos Melas 2018
- Vice President at UNESCO Committee, ThessISMUN 2019
- Member of the Organising Committee at the “Students in the role of Diplomats” conference 2018