Secretary General of the Council of Europe
Who are you?
My name is Manolis Antonakakis. I was born and raised in Crete and I am currently studying at the Department of Law of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
I discovered my passion for simulations back in 2016, when I joined the family of RhodesMRC. Since then, I have participated in numerous simulations not only of UΝ committees, but of EU Institutions, UNESCO’s and regional organizations’ bodies as well, both in Greece and abroad. On the basis of my past chairing experience, albeit limited, I believe that I am a friendly and approachable chairperson, who always tries to motivate participants to give their best during the sessions.
My academic interests include international and European law, human rights and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Moreover, I am an active member of the European Law Student’s Association, I speak four languages and I travel as much as possible.
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
RhodesMRC 2016 marked the start of my journey to the world of simulations and thus this conference holds a special place in my heart.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
Like every year, I am looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends. Meanwhile, as a chairperson this time, I expect to develop my leadership skills, gain a better understanding of the functions of a regional organization and make every effort to pass on my knowledge and my enthusiasm to the new members of the RhodesMRC family!
1. Delegate of Albania, CoE Rhodes MRC 2016
2. Delegate of the Russian Federation, HRC BISMUN 2017, Honorary Mention
3. Member of the European Parliament (Germany/EPP), European Parliament: ITRE EUropa.S 2017, 1st Honorary Mention
4. Delegate of India, DISEC ThessISMUN 2017
5. Delegate of the United Kingdom, Committee on Culture SimUnesCO 2017, Best Delegate Award
6. Delegate of Japan, APEC Rhodes MRC 2018, Best Delegate Award
7. Co-Chair, Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Students as Diplomats 2017 («Μαθητές σε Ρόλο Διπλωμάτη 2017»)
1. Chairperson, Special Political and Decolonization Committee (4th GA), BISMUN 2018
2. Vice President, European Parliament: Committee on Foreign Affairs, EUropa.S 2018