Who are you?
My name is Panos Iordanidis, born and raised in Athens, and I am studying International Relations & International Organizations in the Department of Mediterranean Studies of the School of Humanities in the University of the Aegean. I am an active member of voluntarily interdisciplinary approached programs of non-governmental organizations regarding United Nations and political science in general, while I am being effectively participating in the organizing and practical processes of academic research and presentation conferences. I have been engaged in the past with amateur political opinion journalism, alongside with numerous educational simulations of the United Nations, regional organizations and the local governance. My specialized fields of interests include public diplomacy, international political economy and European integration. I am more than honoured for serving RhodesMRC, the conference that brought and tutored me into the world of simulations, and I am looking forward with delight.
Why is RhodesMRC special for you?
RhodesMRC is special for sentimental reasons due to the fact that it was my first and it will be my last simulation experience.
What do you expect to gain as a member of the Board of RhodesMRC 2018?
The chairing experience in RhodesMRC 2018 will be a challenging opportunity for me in order to broaden both my academic and my organizing/leading horizons.
1. Delegate of Hungary, NATO:EAPC RhodesMRC 2015
2. MEP of Jobbik, European Parliament EuroSimulation 2016
3. Ambassador of New Zealand, Security Council BISMUN 2016, Best delegate award
4. Regional Vice-Governor, Board Member of Education Committee, Regional Council of Crete 2016
5. Delegate of Norway, OSCE RhodesMRC 2016
6. Ambassador of UK, Security Council BISMUN 2017, Best delegate award
7. Member of the Regional Council, Regional Council of Crete 2017
8. Delegate of Turkey, North Atlantic Council RhodesMRC 2017
9. Member of the Subsidiary Personnel of the Municipal Council, 5th Simulation of Municipal Simulation of N.Smyrni
1. Chair, ECOSOC, BISMUN 2018
2. Board Member, Regional Council of Crete 2018